Clams Casa Blanca
by Angelica Mastellos on May 11, 2021
4 tbsp butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup preserved lemon*, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp tarragon, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp chervil, chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 bag brown clams, thawed
*Available at Middle Eastern grocers, substitute with 2 tbsp juice and 1 tbsp zest of a fresh lemon.
- In a large skillet, sweat shallots in 2 tablespoons of butter until translucent, for about five minutes. Briefly rinse lemon under cold water to remove most of the salt.
- Add white wine to pan, along with lemon. Simmer for two or three minutes and add in herbs and clams.
- To finish, stir in remaining two tablespoons of butter and season lightly with salt and pepper.