by Angelica Mastellos on April 21, 2021
- 1 lb Oyster Bay Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Vegetable oil
- Prepare three medium bowls. One with flour, salt and pepper. The second with 2 beaten eggs and a third with panko bread crumbs and coconut.
- Dip each shrimp into the flour combination, then eggs and lastly coat the shrimp in the coconut mix, applying light force to ensure flakes stick. Make sure the shrimp is coated in coconut generously. Set each dressed shrimp aside on a plate as you continue the process with the remaining shrimp.
- In a large skillet, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the skillet. On medium heat, fry the coconut shrimp in batches so that the pan is not crowded. Flip shrimp to uncooked side after about 2 minutes to fry opposite side.
- Once finished with each batch, place cooked shrimp on a plate covered with paper towels to absorb remaining oils. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!