by Angelica Mastellos on April 21, 2021
- 3 bags/lbs Oyster Bay Brown Clams
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 canned whole plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano, minced
- 1/2 cup toasted bread crumbs
- Finely grated lemon zest
- In a deep pot, cook garlic in oil over low heat, continuously stirring until garlic is fragrant. Add in chopped tomatoes and 1 tbsp. oregano and cook until tomatoes break down, stirring occasionally to avoid burning, season with pepper to taste.
- Cook clams according to preferred package instructions, remove excess shell halves and set aside. Pour cooked mixture over individual clams and then sprinkle with bread crumbs, zest and remaining oregano. Serve and enjoy!