by Angelica Mastellos on April 13, 2021
- 1 lb Harbor Seafood Pasteurized Crabmeat
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 6 oz. cans tomato paste
- 1 28 oz. can of tomatoes, diced
- 8 cups chicken stock
3 tablespoons creole seasoning (see below)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 4 cups white rice
- 3 tablespoons dried Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Olive Oil for sautéing
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Chop / dice vegetables, then shred 2/3 of crabmeat leaving the remaining intact and set all ingredients aside.
- Coat the bottom of a large pot with olive oil and heat on medium flame. Add onion, celery, red bell pepper, garlic and some creole seasoning and sauté for two minutes, add tomato paste and stir rapidly to combine. Sauté for several minutes until onion becomes slightly translucent, and tomato paste deepens in color. Pour in two cups of stock and continue to stir until combined evenly. Add canned tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves and remaining creole seasoning, mix well and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add shredded crabmeat and parsley and the rest of the stock, simmering for another 5 minutes. Add rice, and combine thoroughly. Cook for about 20-30 minutes until all liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender. If rice is finished cooking and liquid remains, keep the heat on low until the dish has thickened.
- Remove bay leaves, and serve garnishing plates with remaining Jumbo crabmeat chunks, red pepper flakes and parsley to taste.