Mahi Mahi Fillets marinated in Lime & Chipotle
by Angelica Mastellos on April 23, 2021
- 4 skin-on Mahi-Mahi fillets, thawed
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chayote squash, seed removed and sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ripe beefsteak tomato, diced
- Score the skin side of each fillet with a sharp knife. In bowl of a food processor, place chipotle, ¼ cup of olive oil, lime juice honey, and salt and pepper. Puree well and pour over fish fillets in a shallow dish. Allow to marinate for at least one half-hour but no more than one hour.
- Place sweet potatoes in a medium pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Simmer until tender, drain and mash with butter and buttermilk and reserve in a warm place.
- In a large skillet, heat half of remaining olive oil until almost smoking. Remove fish from marinade, pat lightly with a paper towel to dry, and place skin side down in pan. Allow to sear for a few minutes, flip, and continue cooking until cooked through, about ten minutes total.
- In another large skillet, heat remaining olive oil. Add garlic and allow to brown very slightly. Add chayote and sauté for six to eight minutes. Add tomato, season with salt and pepper and divide among four plates. Place a spoonful of mashed sweet potatoes on each plate and top with a fish fillet.