Roasted Mahi-Mahi with Cherry Tomatoes & Shiitake Mushrooms
by Angelica Mastellos on May 11, 2021
- 4 skin-on Mahi-Mahi fillets, thawed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 12 – 16 shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 8 – 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 shallot, minced
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ lb unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 1 tbsp fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Score the skin side of each fillet with a sharp knife. In a large, ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil and one tablespoon of butter until bubbly.
- Season fish on both sides with salt and pepper and place skin side down in pan. After two to three minutes, flip fish and add mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Place in oven and roast for six to eight minutes or until fish is cooked through. In a small saucepan, reduce lemon juice, wine and shallots until liquid is almost completely gone. Add cream and reduce by half.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in butter a little at a time, making sure that the sauce does not separate. Garnish sauce with chives. Plate fish and vegetables and serve with a couple of spoonfuls of sauce.