Shrimp & Veggie Kabobs with Herb Marinate
by Angelica Mastellos on May 11, 2021
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 32 peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed
- 1 green pepper, cut into eighths
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into eight pieces
- 1 baby eggplant cut into eight slices
- 1 yellow pepper cut into eight pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 12” bamboo or metal skewers
- Mix first five ingredients in a 9x13” baking dish. Skewer shrimp and vegetables to make two kabobs per person and place them in a dish with the marinade.
Turn kabobs to evenly coat and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour. Remove and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over high heat for about three minutes per side, taking care not to burn skewers. Serve over hot rice.